Third Quarter Finish-A-Long
"What is a Finish-A-Long?" you ask. Well, it is a fabulous linky party with prizes hosted by Rhonda from Quilter in The Gap. The reason for this linky party? Why, to help us finish our UFO's in a timely manner of course. I've been wanting to join this Finish-A-Long since I read about it but I always ended up missing the pre-quarter linky party. *insert sad face here* I am determined not to for this quarter. *insert happy face here* So here is my list of UFO's that I would like to finish:
1. Double Hourglass Quilt started in April
2. Baprons - need to complete 20 of these for various baby showers. It seems like everyone I know is having babies this year!
3. Summer Sampler QAL started after the Quilt-A-Long ended, so I think I started it in September of last year? Need to finish the remaining blocks, quilt and bind.
4. Rail Fence baby quilt - all cut out and ready to be pieced, started this in April too but got distracted by the Houndstooth quilt.
5. Mom's quilt this needs to be quilted and bound. I started this in March of last year I believe. It's a pattern from a magazine. The top has been finished but languishing in my "to be quilted" pile for much too long.
6. Pinwheel Doll Quilt-turned lap quilt. I started this as a small project to try making pinwheels, which I had never done before and while I was waiting for more yardage for my son's quilt. I loved the block so much I had to make it bigger. But alas, it also is languishing in the "to be quilted pile" due to my horrible piecing skills. None of my rows (horizontal, vertical, diagnal - you pick!) line up and I was going to do straight line quilting! So now what should I do? I'm stuck.