Third Quarter Finish-A-Long


2012 Finish-A-Long


"What is a Finish-A-Long?" you ask.  Well, it is a fabulous linky party with prizes hosted by Rhonda from Quilter in The Gap.  The reason for this linky party?  Why, to help us finish our UFO's in a timely manner of course.  I've been wanting to join this Finish-A-Long since I read about it but I always ended up missing the pre-quarter linky party.  *insert sad face here* I am determined not to for this quarter. *insert happy face here* So here is my list of UFO's that I would like to finish:


1.  Double Hourglass Quilt started in April

2.  Baprons - need to complete 20 of these for various baby showers.  It seems like everyone I know is having babies this year!




















3. Summer Sampler QAL started after the Quilt-A-Long ended, so I think I started it in September of last year?  Need to finish the remaining blocks, quilt and bind.




















4. Rail Fence baby quilt - all cut out and ready to be pieced, started this in April too but got distracted by the Houndstooth quilt.



















5. Mom's quilt this needs to be quilted and bound.  I started this in March of last year I believe.  It's a pattern from a magazine.  The top has been finished but languishing in my "to be quilted" pile for much too long.




















6. Pinwheel Doll Quilt-turned lap quilt.  I started this as a small project to try making pinwheels, which I had never done before and while I was waiting for more yardage for my son's quilt.  I loved the block so much I had to make it bigger.  But alas, it also is languishing in the "to be quilted pile" due to my horrible piecing skills.  None of my rows (horizontal, vertical, diagnal - you pick!) line up and I was going to do straight line quilting!  So now what should I do?  I'm stuck.







































So, I don't have a lot of plans for the summer since my kiddos are away I should have lots of time to do this stuff. Right?...

How many WIP's do you have? I'd love to know (maybe I won't feel as bad about having so many if you do too)!

**edited to add**:  Oh dear, looks like I missed the linky party! Well, I'll still try to get as many of these done as possible and link up whatever I  don't finish to the 4th quarter party!

Comments

Popular Posts